Thursday, May 17, 2012

Plain Young Coconut Chiffon Cake

Few weeks ago I've seen the photos and messages about this chiffon cake posted on FB by one of my FB friends which totally caught my attention..I then politely asked for the recipe and she kindly and quickly responded to my request !

This is the second time I've made the cake after getting a good feedback from the first one. Anyway, I strangely thought it seemed not good as the previous one but one of tasters confirmed that it's equally nice as the first time she had..so, at the end I chose to believe her and felt much relieved with the verdict !!

Here is what I've done..

Ingredients :

Dry part :

67 g cake flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Wet part :

54 g canola oil
60 g young coconut juice
3 xl egg yolks
1 tsp each of pandon & vanilla extract
26 g caster sugar

To finish :

3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tar tar
45 g caster sugar

Some young coconut pieces to stuff and top on the cake.

Preheat the oven to 170c and bake for 30 minutes. The method is exactly the same you'd prepare a chiffon cake batter. Pour half of the batter into the prepared tin ( I used 8" square cake tinand the base lined with parchment paper ) then spread some of coconut pieces on top. Pour the remaining batter and finish with the rest of coconut.




















 

No comments: