Thursday, January 5, 2012

Toffee Cake ( The revised and better version )

A friend of mine had a trip to Thailand during the school winter break and she brought back few things that I wanted and like for me. Given a toffee cake is her favorite, I then decided to make it to give her in return and that seemed to be a win-win situation :)

This time, instead of the old version I've posted it here before, I used the new version that is slightly changed but it yielded the better outcome which made me proud enough to present it  right here!

Cake:

100 g cake flour

1.5 tbsps coffee powder

10 g Cocoa powder

100 g caster sugar

1 teaspoons baking powder

80 g butter, melted

3 large eggs

1/ 4 teaspoon salt

80 g evaporated milk

13 g SP or Ovalette ( emulsifier )

Topping :

150 g unsalted butter

100 g evaporated milk

110 g sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1.5 tsp coffee powder

3 tbsps AP  flour
210 g salted ( roasted ) cashew nuts

































 

No comments: