Thursday, March 8, 2012

Banana Caramel Cream Pie

There's nothing I particularly want to say right now..my life seems dull and doesn't have anything new or exciting to talk about...:)

Then better speak of this banana pie, I've found the original post from here ( one of great blogs I fancy! )  and I was absolutely tempted by all of nice photos shown which undoubtedly made me decide to give it a try !

Anyway, I came up with an idea of doing it easier and quicker, instead of making a sweet shortcrust pastry for the base, I opted for a simple digestive biscuit crust and made few changes to the filling and topping..

Here is what I've used ( the method is pretty much the same as the original )

The crust :

1 1/4 cups digestive biscuit crumb
60 g butter, melted

The filling :

70g  Caster sugar
25ml  Water
3  Bananas, peeled and chopped into pieces
25g Unsalted butter
50ml  Milk 
1 1/2tbsp Cornflour (cornstarch)
150ml Whipping cream
a tbsp Dark rum



Topping :

2/3 cup Whipping cream
a tbsp Icing sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract

Caramel syrup and grated dark choc. to sprinkle 
































      

No comments: