Friday, November 5, 2010

Oatmeal Shortbread (again!)

Baking for me is not only a hobby but I also do it sometimes to release my stress caused by things gone out of control ! When I feel like baking something to cheer myself up, I always choose a things that is easy to make..thing that I know I can make it even when I'm out of my mind!!

Given nothing would be easier than cookie or shortbread..so I opted for shortbread this time and searched for an easy plus quick recipe on purpose. Without much time in hand, I decided to look at only first two results from my search and fortunately, they happened to be great ones (otherwise I would have got even more upset than I already was!). Simply mixed both and made my own version !

Oatmeal Shortbread ( adapted from here and here )   
Makes 16 bars

1 C AP flour
1/2 C rolled oat, plus a bit more for garnish
1/2 t salt
2 T sugar
2 T brown sugar
6 oz (1 1/2 sticks) cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 t vanilla
demerara sugar to sprinkle

Methods

1.Preheat oven to 325. Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast until fragrant and lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool completely.

2.In a food processor, combine flour, sugars, salt, and 1/2 cup cooled oats; process until finely ground, 1 minute. Add the vanilla and butter. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of coarse meal. Transfer to an 8-inch square lightly greased baking pan; press firmly into bottom. Sprinkle remaining oats and demerara sugar on top, and press gently.

3.Bake until firm and lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Using a paring knife, immediately score shortbread into 16 squares. On a wire rack, cool completely in pan; gently invert, and break along scored lines.



























1 comment:

allenalina said...

น่ากินจังเลยค่ะ