Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thai Tea Cake

My sister-in-law is a cake lover and expert ( not as a maker but taster! lol)  and she is always happy to be my judge ( or actually victim ) everytime I pay her family a visit and have a chance to make cakes! The first time I made this Thai tea cake is when I visited my home country just two weeks ago as requested by my sister-in-law and got a good feedback about it, so the cake kind of passed a QC and wouldn't let other people down !   

Back here in HK since I've still got a lot of tea powder that I brought back..so instead of leaving it unused, I decided to make it again but this time I used a different recipe for a cake base ( first time I made chiffon but this time I chose sponge ).

As for a verdict, I personally think that there is no difference in taste between chiffon and sponge bases because both went along well with the gorgeous filling and topping ( which are the same mixture )..so, if you happen to fancy Thai style milk tea, then this cake is really worth your try and I can guarantee how much you would be pleased with the taste.. no matter what base you choose !!

You could find two recipes I've used from here ...goodluck and enjoy !


























7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm really wanting to make this cake! I'm having trouble with the directions for the recipe, despite using google translate.

Could you please provide further instructions?

Thanks so much!

chach said...

Hi there! I would really want to try your recipe... Can you help us translate this in english? Thanks :)

chach said...

Hey there :) can u give us an english version of the recipe? Pls? :) thanks so much :)

Sheba Morrison said...

I would absolutely love to make this recipe, but it's almost impossible to understand, even using Google Translate. Any chance you could post a recipe to follow?

pepsakoy said...

Will try my best finding time to do as you have all requested!

Elizabeth said...

Yes! Please translate into English.

serene said...

Hi, I really want to bake this cake. However, I could not even access your recipes. When I click on the given link, a bunch of thaiwords appear. Could you do a repost of this recipe?