Thursday, October 14, 2010

Try-to-be a French-Style Carrot Cake

I did lots of search and experiment before to find a carrot cake recipe that is just right for myself and when I found the one, I then didn't really bother to look for another one anymore! But when I came accross this French-Style carrot cake on David Lebovitz's site , I was quite intrigued by the way he's presented his recipe and consequently, I couldn't resist my own curiosity to find out more about the cake !

However, although I had no experience and knowledge about the cake but I still had the guts to modify the recipe ( typical me!) , thus I changed a name of the cake ! As for the result, I was not sure if my cake was like it's supposed to be ( in French-Style )..the cake was thin but dense which I agree with David that it could be thicker,yet lighter than it turned out.  Personally, I prefer my favorite one to this version but you can try and judge it by yourself !

Here is the adapted recipe..

60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 scant cup caster sugar
pinch of salt
2 xl eggs, at room temperature
95 g toasted almonds
50g AP flour
1/4 cup finely grated carrot



1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter a shallow 9-inch cake pans and line with a circle of parchment paper. Then lightly butter the top of a circle of paper.

2. Beat the butter, sugar and salt until smooth. Meanwhile, pulverize the nuts and flour in a food processor or blender until relatively fine, but not powdery.

3. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Afterwards, stir in the ground nut mixture and the carrots, mixing just until smooth. Pour the batter into the pan, smooth it evenly, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool, then release the cake from the pans and cut in wedges to serve.









 
















  

No comments: