Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring onion & Sesame Oat Crackers



It's time to refill my jar with a new lot of crackers since the previous one had been finished for a while and coincidentally, I happened to spot another oat cracker on foodgawker which is different from what I made last time..so I decided to give it a try, though I made a few changes to the original recipe to make my own one !


Here is what I've done..

Ingredients


1 cup Bread Flour
1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
45 g Unsalted Butter, softened
1 tsp Sugar
3 tbsp Finely chopped spring onion
1 tbsp Sesame seed
4 tbsp Milk
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt

Method :

1. Preheat oven to 320 F (160 C),  Stir together the flour ,oats ,salt, sugar, baking soda, spring onion and sesame seed in a bowl. Then add the butter and rub it into the dry ingredients until blended.

2. Add the milk, one tbsp at the time to the mixture and knead until the dough formed. Set the dough aside for 20 mins, Roll them into thin sheet and cut them into any shape you like. Place these crackers to bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat at 320 F for about 20-25 mins until golden and crisp ( the thinner the shorter time you bake ) .



























































No comments: