Monday, February 2, 2009

Oatmeal and Cranberry Scones

I love oatmeal and anything that contains it would easily get my attention! I've got this scone recipe from joyofbaking which I fell in love with once my eyes met the photo shown on the site..and the next thing I did is to give it a try !

I made it twice within two days! The first time, I followed through the whole original recipe except reduced amount of sugar and it came out excellent...And the second time, I twisted the recipe a bit by leaving out the zest and added some vanilla extract instead..I also used self-raising flour to see if it would make scones rise higher than plain flour (which it did!. Both time I didn't bother to finish up with icing on top which I didn't think it would make much difference on the final result.

And my verdict ?? I think the one with zest gives more outstanding taste than vanilla while I prefer self-raising flour's job to plain flour..but all in all, I was really pleased with both of the results !









Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket






Photobucket

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

These look gorgeous. Id love one with my coffee right now!! Yum!

Sara said...

Yum, these sound delish!

Selba said...

My mom loves baking oatmeal bread or everything that got oatmeal in it :)