Friday, May 15, 2009

East Meets West Stromboli

I saw a post about green curry the other day which kind of made me have an idea of playing at it and this stromboli came abruptly through my mind !

I used chicken as a meat to mix with other basic ingredients for green curry ( except coconut milk!) as the filling and made the base based on pizza dough with green curry paste in it..As for the result, since I'm a big fan of hot & spicy food, so I've found out that a combination between the green curry filling and pizza dough was quite interesting..what I'm saying is that this stromboli is worth your try if you are looking for something new rather than a plain stuffed (rolled) pizza/bread..just for a change's sake!!

The recipe

For the dough :

1 cup bread flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp instant yeast
1/2 cup + 1-2 tbsp warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp green curry paste

For the stuffing

150-175 g chicken, shredded
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
4 Thai (rounded) eggplant, thinly sliced
mixture of green & red chillies ,thinly sliced
handful of Thai basil leaves
Fish sauce and palm sugar for seasoning




























3 comments:

Anna said...

Well I adore green curry and I love this idea, it's so original! And looks just amazing - definitely one to try!

Rayrai said...

ขอนำสูตรไปทดลองทำหน่อยนะคะ

Vanillaorchid said...

it's really good idea ka K.Koy and yummy as well ka.