Saturday, December 10, 2011

Echaudés à l'anis

It's been a while that I haven't posted anything on my blog but it doesn't mean that I haven't done any baking! At this time of a year, there're so many things to do while so little time's in hand..

Anyway, I've been recently baking a few things which some are things I've baked and posted them here before and some are new that I am sharing them with you here.

One of them I'd like to show is Echaudés à l'anis which is kind of French cookies and it reminded me of Italian Taralli I've made before..

 
*Ingredients*
250 g. AP flour
1 egg
Milk, as needed
1 tbsp. oil
1/4 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. aniseed seeds (I added 1 tsp. seeds and 1 tsp. aniseed extract)
2 tbs sugar
1.In a bowl, mix the flour, eggs, oil, salt and aniseed seeds together. Add the milk slowly as you knead until the dough comes just together. The dough should be very stiff. Rest the dough overnight in the fridge, then roll it out about half an inch thick, cut strips, then triangles.

2.Drop the triangles into lots of boiling water, in small batches.

3.As soon as they rise to the surface (they sometimes stick to the pot, nudge them a little to make sure they are swimming free), set them aside on a tea towel until they are no longer tacky to touch.

4.Finish them in a 180°C until they puff up and get barely golden.






















No comments: